while the task of a kitchen remodel may sound daunting and expensive, it is not actually as hard as it seems and there are many benefits to redoing some or all of your kitchen. Even a minor remodeling of your kitchen, whether it been the accent color or the cabinetry, can bring you a return of almost 74%. Here are some ideas for redoing your kitchen:
- Floor Many kitchens come with linoleum or vinyl which can work if you are looking for a cheap way to get around in your kitchen but these materials can tear, bunch or become sticky even after cleaning. Tile or wood flooring is the material of chose for a kitchen; they are both easy to clean and look great without causing to many problems for the owner.
- Sink and faucet Not surprisingly, there is a huge variety of sinks to choose from. From single sinks to double sinks, porcelain to marble to stainless steel; whatever look you are going for and whatever functionality, it’s available. Look around and find out what would fit your needs best before deciding on a sink. Installing a garbage disposal in your new sink always makes life much easier! Also, putting in the faucet that you like will make doing the dishes almost enjoyable. A regular faucet can be difficult to fit dishes under the running water if you have a small sink but if you replace it with a hose type faucet, it will be easier to wash not only your dishes but also to clean out your entire sink when you are finished.
- Cabinets Cabinets are the life and soul of your kitchen. They are the thing everyone notices. You can get custom made cabinets or ready to install cabinets but whatever you choose, let the cabinetry speak of your impeccable style. Would you prefer a more rustic setting in your kitchen? Maybe distressed wood is the style for you with a teal accent colored cabinet handle. Or a classy white finished wood for a small kitchen; light colors open up a room. The cabinetry in your kitchen should not only have the look your going for but they should have the functionality that you need. Make sure your cabinets are tall enough and wide enough to comfortably fit the items that you are going to be placing in them.
- Paint This is probably the most inexpensive way to revamp your kitchen. Changing the paint on your walls or cabinets or both is something you could technically do yourself although it is recommended to hire a professional.
- Furniture and appliances The last way that you can redo your kitchen is replacing, upgrading or installing a fridge, stove, microwave or dishwasher. These are the main appliances in a kitchen that will need to be updated from time to time. You could also consider putting in an island in the middle of your kitchen, if you have the space for it. Islands are great for unseen storage and added counter space. Placing a hanging wine rack on an empty wall is great for decor but also frees up some space in your cupboards.
What are some other ways that you could remodel your kitchen?