This last year has been a challenge as you have completed one home improvement project after another to make sure that your house is looking its very best for your younger daughter’s high school graduation. The basement renovation is the final project on the list and has definitely been the most labor intensive of all of the work projects that you have tackled. It has also been the most expensive. You know, however, that this is a space that will get a lot of use for many years. With a theater viewing area and a small kitchen, the basement renovation is an exciting addition to your home.
Remodeling projects are always a challenge, but if you work with a reputable and reliable contractor you can add spaces to your home and improve existing areas that will also add value to your home. Whether you are adding an attached garage design to your space, but you are remodeling your master bathroom, the contractor that you work with can determine the success of your project. And while it can be tempting to simply go with the lowest bid, it is important to make sure that you check with references so you understand the quality of the work that is completed.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the home improvement industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- The average basement remodel can have up to a 70% return on investment (ROI), according to Home Advisor.
- 29% of custom built homes included a gaming and entertainment room, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz and Home survey.
- 68% of home owners on Houzz plan to include a recreational area in their newly-built custom home, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz and Home survey.
- Nearly 50% of home owners who upgrade their outdoor spaces spend six or more hours there a week, according to the 2016 Houzz Landscaping and Garden Trends Study.
- 66% of homeowners are planning on renovating, according to a recent survey.
- Finished basements have become some of the most popular renovation projects over the past 20 years, according to surveys conducted by the National Association of Home Builders.
Many people make improvements to their house when they are getting ready to sell, and others make these improvements sooner so that they can enjoy the updates themselves. By adding value to your home, you are able to make sure that you enjoy your home as much as possible.