When you saw that the neighbors had a plumbing services truck in their driveway you were pretty sure that was not a good sign. The fact that you knew that your neighbor is hosting a Christmas party this evening, though, emphasized the fact that things were not going as planned for your dear friend. Doubting that there was any help you could provide if you went to her house, you simply did what you do best.
You baked three dozen of your famous holiday cookies. You baked some pretty candies that were a combination of chocolate and coconut. When you were finished, you delivered the tasty treats to your friend. Explaining that you would not keep her from what was obviously a busy day, you simply dropped off the goodies, already arranged on holiday platters. You knew that once the clogged drains or whatever else were fixed and the party was over, your friend would fill you in on the details.
Emergency Plumbing Installations and Repairs Are Never a Welcome Event
Even scheduled plumbing installations can be a hassle, so when an emergency situation arises it is important to know who to call to get the services that you need. From situations where you need help unclogging a toilet before a holiday weekend full of company to regular maintenance like trying to get leaky faucets to get dripping, the right plumber can be a major help.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the important role that plumbers and other contractors play in helping home owners maintain their property as well as contributing to the nation’s economy:
- 25% to 30% of household water use is accounted for by toilet use.
- 10% of homes have leaks that waste as many as 90 gallons of water or more a day.
- The average indoor water use in a typical single-family home in America is nearly 70 gallons a individual, a day.
- Oil, fat, and grease buildups cause nearly 47% of the 36,000 sewer overflows that happen every year in America.
- Household size, septic tank size, total wastewater generated, and volume of solids in waste water influence the frequency of septic pumping needed in a home.
- Fixing easily corrected household water leaks can save a home owners nearly 10% on yearly water bills.
Hopefully your holidays will go off without a hitch, but if you face a plumbing problem it is often in your best interest to call a licensed plumber as soon as a problem develops.