Restore your hardwood floors by sanding down the floors and applying polyurethane to give them a nice rich look.
- Make sure the machine is disconnected and slide the grit paper on the drum. We’ll use a 60, 80, 100 and 120 grit paper to remove the stain and the polyurethane on the floor.
- The hardwood floor sander machine is simple to use, just on and off button for the controls. When sanding down your floor make sure to its direction.
Push down the lever. Go back and forward and remember to sand down the edges too with an edge sander.
- Do the same for the untouched areas near the edge of the floor.
- Bes sure to leave the floor smooth before applying polyurethane
- Keep an eye on the dust bag and empty it once it’s full.
- Using a round disk edge sander to get close to the wall as possible for uniform coverage. This machine has wheels so you don’t need to carry it but just drag it along the floor.
- For the edge sander, you’re going to use the same type of grit papers as the hardwood floor sander machine. First use 60 grit, 80, 100 and finally 120 grit.
- Lastly, make sure to vacuum the floors between sanding, clean the floor with water and allow it to dry. Once it’s dry, you can go ahead and apply your polyurethane or your stain.